Using Mold-Resistant Paint To Help Your Home

mold removal grand islandMold is a common problem that most homeowners will have to deal with. It will grow wherever moisture accumulates and is dangerous to have around. Health problems, such as respiratory issues and rashes, will emerge with constant mold exposure. Moreover, it will pose a threat to the structural integrity of your home. Mold will eat away at surfaces the longer it is allowed to stay around, causing the house to fall apart over time. Mold removal can be expensive, so it’s best to prevent it the best you can in the first place. 

Mold Removal – Grand Island

A preventative measure that is rising in popularity is the use of mold-resistant paint in areas of your home where moisture is ever-present, such as the bathroom. This type of paint is made with additives to help slow mold development on surfaces like mildewcide. It is also valuable for protecting any drywall from absorbing moisture. 

One of the best parts of this kind of paint is that only a small amount will be needed to coat areas that are prone to mold growth. Many brands make mold-resistant paints into a primer, so you are still able to paint your walls any color you desire. 

Where To Use Mold-Resistant Paint

Mold spores can develop anywhere in your home, so no area is necessarily entirely immune to growth. Some areas are more likely to get more moisture trapped and attract molds, such as the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, basement, and attic. 

Though this paint can be great for preventing mold, it is not a mold removal substitute. If you have areas in your home that are constantly growing mold, you may think of using mold-resistant paint to stop mold from popping up again. Covering mold will never stop its growth or slow it down. Constant mold growth is usually a sign that water damage is happening somewhere that you may not be able to see. From there, the best course of action is to contact a professional mold removal team to identify the underlying problem that the mold is indicating. 

Dealing With Mold

Taking care of mold the right way can make a huge difference in personal safety and how much time and money is spent overall on the cleanup. Many DIY websites may even suggest that it is a quick, money-saving process that anyone can do. However, starting the mold removal process without any professional experience can be dangerous and more costly to do on your own. 

The mold removal process is very particular and, if done wrong, can actually lead to more mold growth. These spores spread exceptionally quickly through the air, clothing, water, and just about any other organic material they can stick to. As the spores become airborne and spread, the bigger the problem will become. Mold is also very good at hiding in unseen places, such as your HVAC system, behind walls, and crawl spaces, and will continue growing without your knowledge. Moreover, allowing mold to stay in your home for extended periods of time can have a negative impact on your health, with symptoms similar to allergy attacks. 

Mold truly is a bigger danger and hassle than you should be dealing with on your own. It’s essential to keep in mind the safety of yourself and those around you. Leave the mold removal projects to the professionals at Yellow Van. Our team is ready to help assist you in every way possible.