Like 9-1-1, We Respond 24/7™
24 Hour Emergency Line
There are many myths floating around concerning mold growth in homes. You need accurate information and a thorough evaluation of the mold found in your home in order to comprehend the nature of the problem.
In an attempt to help you react appropriately if you discover mold in your Grand Island home, we are going to clear up some common misconceptions concerning mold and mold removal.
Truth: Referring to mold as ‘toxic’ suggests that it is poisonous to anyone who comes in contact with it. While mold is undoubtedly hazardous, it is important to realize that not all mold is toxic. There are over 100,000 different types of mold that have different levels of toxicity, and not all are a threat. However, some types of mold can cause a wide range of health issues to those exposed to the spores they emit into the air. Black mold, or Stachybotrys, is one of the most prevalent toxigenic molds found indoors that can cause major health and respiratory problems. We won’t go into detail on other common household molds, but just keep in mind that mold spores, no matter the type, can impact the quality of the air in your home and need to be removed correctly and without delay – especially black mold.
Truth: Mold can take on many different appearances, varying in both shape and texture. Sometimes mold can appear white and fuzzy, other times showing up as brown specks. Brown, green, yellow, white, gray, and black are common shades of mold, depending on the type, and can grow in strands, clusters, or even splatter-like formations. If you are questioning a possible mold growth in your home, call a professional mold removal company for an inspection.
Truth: It is true that homes with water damage are considerably more likely to have a mold issue, every single home is susceptible to mold. This is because mold is a naturally occurring fungus found both indoors and outside, in every climate and region. Mold spores are everywhere in the air, just waiting to touch down on a growth-friendly surface. Any area in your home that is exposed to water and moisture can encourage the growth of mold. Mold requires moisture to thrive, so every single home has the potential for mold growth since we have access to water throughout our homes. No home, building, or property is immune to mold, and many will require mold removal services at some point.
Truth: Nowadays, you can find DIY guides, instructions, and fixes for practically anything. Many do-it-yourself mold removal methods advise utilizing bleach to get rid of mold. While bleach is a powerful and efficient surface cleaner, not all mold can be removed by using this home remedy. Mold can spread very easily, finding its way into regions of our homes that we cannot see and thriving off of porous materials that make up the very structure of our homes. Without the correct training, cleaning agents, tools, and experience, you can actually make the mold problem worse – creating a massive mold removal project. The best and safest way to handle mold removal is to call in professionals.